Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reply: 20 Questions Men Want Answers To

Ok. It's been a strange week for me and I'm actually in a men suck kind of mood right now. But I'm going to try and answer i.said.it.now.deal's questions as honestly as possible. Although, I have to say most of these questions depend on the person answering them, so I warn you, my answers aren't going to be the same as the next woman's. 

By the way, this was a cop-out. I reserve the right to put a similar post in my back pocket for when I'm too tired to write.

The Physical:

1) Which is more important, an attractive face or an attractive body?

For me, an attractive face always wins out. Every time.

2) When it comes to body type, do you prefer: (a) slim build (b) average build (c) toned build (d) muscular build

I would date a guy with b or c with very little preference. D is ok too. Actually, unless we were on a beach I probably wouldn't even notice the difference -- it is definitely less of a concern to me than i.said.it.now.deal. I also know several very hot guys with a slim build. However, if a guy is thinner than me I have an issue. I'm not a big girl by any means. But if I cuddle with or am on top of a guy who's smaller than me I feel like I'll break them and it does a number of the self-esteem. I have stopped dating guys for this reason. 

3) What one physical trait most attracts you to a guy?

Ummmmm....I don't know. Probably the smile. I am a sucker for a sexy smile. I like the devilish look.

4) Personal hygiene is obviously a selling point, should a guy: (a) shave completely (b) shave chest only (c) shave only below the equator (d) I love hairy men

Huh. Guys think about this eh? I don't think a guy should shave his legs or anything, but if they shave their chest and below the equator it makes it more enjoyable to... ;-)

5) What physical trait most turns you off a guy?

If a guy is tooooo small. See the above for my comments on thin. I like to feel like a guy can keep me safe. They don't have to be really built, in fact I prefer if they're not, but just taller and thicker than I am. 

The Intellect:

1) Complete the phrase. I like my man to be: (a) less intelligent than I (b) smarter than I (c) of equal intelligence

Odd question. I believe that people can be more or less intelligent than others in certain areas. For example (a very simple one) I'm sure i.said.it.now.deal knows much less about applying eyeshadow than I do. My last boyfriend knew tons of stuff about cars and fixing things, which I have no clue about. But I wouldn't call him smarter than me by a long shot. 

Anyways, I'll generalize for a moment. Smart = sexy for me. I loooovvveee smart guys. I like to be able to debate things with and learn things from a partner. I don't want a guy who is less intelligent. I have little patience for them. Personality wise, this is a dealbreaker for me. I need to have intelligent conversations. 

There is a guy who wants to go out with me right now who is sooooo good-looking. Tanned, built, sexy smile. But he doesn't read. Doesn't care about what's going on in the world at all. Spends most of his time talking about weight training and sports. I won't go out with this guy.

I'm highly opinionated, but more than anything I love to be challenged. So I guess you can be of equal intelligence or smarter, but definitely not less.  

2) How important is education? (a) He must have completed university/college (b) Education isn't all that important, there is more to someone than being book smart.

I'm never going to ask a guy to see his diploma before I date him. In fact, whether they've completed school or not never really crosses my mind. But with that said, see above. I think a lot of interest in the world is developed in university/college so that can be a bonus. But if a guy has developed it some other way fine by me. 

3) Which of the following statements best describes what you want in a person: (a) It is important that my partner continue to self-improve himself. (b) I don't care if my partner continues to self-improve himself, I fell for him because of who he is.

 LOL! It completely depends on the guy. I guess I don't want a partner to say "hey, I made it to my 20s. I'm done developing as a person." That would just be silly.

4) Is it possible for someone to be too smart, that it becomes a turn-off?

Not really. If anything was going to be the turn off it would be how they present it. If they are supper arrogant and snobbish about it, that would be a turn off. But that's not the same thing as being too smart. 

5) Are women intimidated by intelligent men?

Not in the slightest. 

Likes and Dislikes:

1) How important is it that you and your prospective partner share similar interests: (a) Very important (b) Somewhat important (c) Not important at all

I guess I'll go middle of the road here. They don't have to have all similar interests. But we have to have some common ground. It's good if we can do things we both like together, but get space from doing things the partner isn't into with other friends. 

2) Which statement best describes you: (a) I want my partner to take an interest in my likes. (b) I want my partner to take an interest in my likes even if he has to fake it (c) If he has no interests in my likes, I don't want him to bother. He should just say so.

Tricky question. I would like my partner to be honest with me. Take the ballet for example (guys cringe everywhere lol). If you don't like the ballet, say you don't like the ballet. There will still be some times you will probably still have to go with me, but I would severely limit it knowing that you don't like it. On those rare occasions when you do have to go,  you should suck it up and not complain. You're there because it is important to me. 

Also, if you don't have to come, you should at least let me talk about the experience if I want to. In turn, I will go to car shows etc. with a smile on my face and appear convincingly interested and ask questions as you describe car engines to me. 

Yeah, no worries. I actually hate the ballet.  

3) Would you ever do something that you completely hate or bores you, because your partner really wants to?

Hahahaha - yes. See above. I would without question as long as they are supportive of me too. But I have to confess, if it's not a two-way street I'll just resent them after a while.

4) What is one interest that women wish men would involve themselves in?

Shopping. I hope the guy I marry will be really interested in buying me new clothes and shoes. 

5) You discover your partner has an unusual interest, you: (a) Accept it and let him continue, after all it's his interest and you don't have to partake. (b) Tell him that it's weird and to stop it. (c) Realize, holy shit this is too weird for me, I better call www.idump4u.com and end this quickly.


Depends on what it is. I'm pretty open-minded so I would likely accept something that's just different. But let's say he has an interest for cutting up bodies. Then Bradley can call him while I move out of town.

The Random Ones

1) When in a relationship, after a certain period of time has elapsed how important is it that you and your partner start doing things as a "couple" (ie: events, etc...) (a) Very important, if we're a couple we should be involved in each others lives, unless it's a special circumstance. (b) Some what important. It's important we give one another the choice to go as a couple, but not feel like we have to. (c) Not important. Hell, I don't want to have to bring him with me.

This is very important to me. I think it is important that partners have some space apart from each other, yes. And take some time going out with the girls/guys. But a guy who is really into me will be proud to have me as their girlfriend and want to show me off. And I'm a pretty social butterfly. I'm not about to stay home and watch my man go out if I want to go and there is no good reason for me not being there.

It is also one of the key indicators  for me of whether I really want to be with a guy. Am I comfortable bringing him around my friends? Do I want him next to me when I go out? If the answer is no I usually break up with them. 

2) Is it important to know your partners sexual history? (a) Yes, I want to know all the details. (b) Depends, knowing how many partners he's been with is important. (c) No way. I don't want to know a single detail.

I don't need to know everything about my partner's sexual history. I don't really care. But I do want to be able to discuss things openly with them - have you ever tried this? Where was the craziest place you had sex? etc. I also want to be able to be able to answer any questions the guy may ask me without fear of jealously or repercussions

3) What are your thoughts on second chances? (a) I have limits for a reason, he knew them, he broke them, it's over...goodbye. (b) It depends on what he did and how bad it was, I'd more than likely give him a second chance.


I'm a pretty forgiving person. I'm gonna go with b. Is this about cheating? I haven't been cheated on much. I think my ego would be hurt because I always want to be first choice. But I also think just sex and an ongoing affair are two different things. I'm not sure what I'd do.  But chances are always better if you're straight up with me. 

4) Your guy is going out with the boys for the night, how do you expect him to act? (a) I expect him to keep to his group of friends only and ward off any advances from other girls. After all, he has a girlfriend. (b) I don't care if he chats with/buys drinks/flirts with other girls, as long as he keeps his hands to himself. (c) I don't care what my guy does, as long as he doesn't kiss or take another girl home; grind up on her all you want, he's coming home to me later.


I'm not the jealous type. I don't want my boyfriend spending money on another girl. But I'm not going to be worked up about him chatting to one either. 

5) Complete this sentence... "I wish more men would ______."

? So random. I wish more men would fly me to places around the world. Other than that I can't think of anything.


Read the original Male post by i.said.it.now.deal

No comments:

Post a Comment