Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sex: Coles Notes

When said (tweeted, whatev) yesterday that all I could think about was sex I wasn't lying. It's been on my mind for a few days now and I can't seem to get it off. No, I'm not going to just go sleep with just anyone (don't suggest it), I'm far too picky for that. But it doesn't mean I'm still not thinking about it. 

It's funny, because I don't think men realize that girls think about it a lot too. I mean, a lot. We're supposed to be somewhat coquettish and not let guys know outright, but if a girl ever tells you that sex doesn't cross her mind at least a dozen times a day (being modest here) she's either lying or has never had an orgasm. Poor soul.

In any event I've been slightly preoccupied lately. So I was gonna write something about relationships or whatever, but instead you have this. 

I've had fantastic sex and...not so great sex (to put it kindly). Most experiences fall somewhere in between. I can't speak for all girls - we are all different - but I thought I'd share a couple things that turn me on.

Foreplay - When I'm with a guy I want to feel like he can't wait to be with me. But with that said, he should wait. Foreplay can extend the experience and make it soooo much hotter. I'm sure the guys out there have heard this before, but don't ever underestimate it. We ladies want to be kissed and touched before we just jump in bed with someone. And most will totally want to reciprocate (this chick anyway).  

This is important for lots of women, even in (or maybe especially in) long-term relationships. It keeps things exciting and presents lots of opportunity for variety. So fellas, talk, tease, strip, touch, feel and play, so by the time it comes to doing it the girl is the one who can't wait to be with you.

Mix it up - There are some girls that would prefer to have sex in the safety of their own home in the comfort of their bed with the door locked and curtains drawn tight. They want sex to be completely private and that's definitely ok - more power to ya. I'm just not one of those chicks. 

Maybe it's my personality type but I'm always much more excited when there is an element of risk involved. This doesn't means I'm going to have sex on the front lawn in the daytime or anything like that, nor do I expect every experience to be risky. But for chicks like me it is definitely ok to do stuff to make us want you in public. Kiss us passionately and unexpectedly on the street. Cop a feel when no one is looking. See what you can get away with. 

When we do take it somewhere more private be creative. Remember that things don't need to be confined to the bed. And top and bottom are great, but don't limit yourself to the standard positions.

Express yourself - A friend was telling me about a guy she was sleeping with not long ago who was completely quiet every time they had sex. Afterward he told her how great she was. She was baffled. 

I can't recall being in this situation, but I wouldn't know what to think. I'd probably be so worried about my performance that I'd be to distracted to be into yours.

Guys, if you are enjoying it we want to know. Show enthusiasm. Unless you are trying not to get caught [ :-) ] we want to hear you breathe, moan, say our name, and tell us you're enjoying it. I'm not saying it should be forced, but no reason to hold back either.

Spice and Sugar - There are girls out there who want everything about sex to be tied to romance. Maybe one day I'll get there, but I'm not so sure. I prefer it to be hot. I want it to be spice before and during. 

But if I'm really into you, I want it to be sugar after. I know there are guys out there that hate to cuddle. But for the record, cuddling after sex doesn't mean we want to marry you. It just means that after it feels nice, really nice, to be held. 

It's also a good indicator for you. If I didn't enjoy myself I'll probably have a cig and leave.  

This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are lots of things I like. But I'm not about to give everything away. Where would be the fun in that?

Read the male reply by i.said.it.now.deal

No comments:

Post a Comment